POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strange PC behaviour : Re: Strange PC behaviour Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange PC behaviour
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 10 Feb 2008 04:23:52
Message: <47aec2a8@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
>> I can't afford a new PC at the moment at all, so is there anything I
>> can do?
>>
>> I have a Athlon XP 2400 Socket A using the onboard 128Mb SiS graphics
>> card and a 250W power supply.
>
> If an OS install crashes where before it did not, you have a hardware
> problem.  Since the symptoms are relived by a successful OS install, the
> problem involves a gradual corruption of the hard drive's contents,
> which could be caused by bad memory, bad CPU, or a bad MB.

Or power supply, or the electronics of the HDD. Maybe was the power
supply and it damaged other components in the PC since is delivering
voltages and amperages out of range, hence the scaling malfunctioning.
Maybe is one or more fans in the PC(including the one(s) in the power
supply), are they running ok?

> We can't really troubleshoot your problem through newsgroup messages, so
> you'll have to take it to a technician.
>
> Regards,
> John

Exactly my thoughts, if you're not one or have experience
troubleshooting PC problems do as John said and take it to a technician.
You need a careful diagnose by a qualified person to trouble shoot every
  problem.