POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Feb 2008 16:01:28
Message: <47ae14a8$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:48:03 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>>> Music is the art of transformation.  It's math that pleases the ears
>>> and the soul.  The story it presents is entirely subjective from
>>> individual to individual.
>>
>> This is certainly true, though - you can hear stories even if there
>> isn't one.  For example, there is one part of Mozart's Requiem that
>> invokes for me a chase through the woods.  It was used in Amadeus, and
>> oddly enough, the images they used were pretty close to what it invoked
>> for me visually prior to seeing the film.
>>
>> That was really cool.
>
> I almost always find that when [if] I get to see the music video for my
> favorite tune, it looks nothing like what you'd expect. Oh well!

Well, that's also just fine - doesn't make your imagination any better or
worse than the imaginations of those who came up with the video.

Film music is fun to do that with if you haven't seen the film yet.  I
did that with the Untouchables soundtrack, and it was surprising with
some of the music how close I was to what was in the movie, and at other
times how very far off I was.

Jim