POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Feb 2008 15:41:31
Message: <47ae0ffb$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 05:06:36 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> > Entirely possible, though I think it helps to know the story behind
>> > the music - a lot of it tells a story.
>>
>> Yeah, probably.
>
> no, no, no.  Try to love the music for the music itself.  Programme
> music is so démodé...

I have to disagree - you can love music for any number of reasons.

> Music is the art of transformation.  It's math that pleases the ears and
> the soul.  The story it presents is entirely subjective from individual
> to individual.

This is certainly true, though - you can hear stories even if there isn't
one.  For example, there is one part of Mozart's Requiem that invokes for
me a chase through the woods.  It was used in Amadeus, and oddly enough,
the images they used were pretty close to what it invoked for me visually
prior to seeing the film.

That was really cool.

Jim