POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Feb 2008 15:39:13
Message: <47ae0f71$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:14:20 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

>>> I do enjoy certain forms of orchestral music. However, from what I can
>>> tell, most classical music isn't really to my taste.
>>
>> Entirely possible, though I think it helps to know the story behind the
>> music - a lot of it tells a story.
>
> Yeah, probably.

I played in a youth orchestra when I was in high school, and the
conductor was having trouble getting us to learn the Symphonie
Fantastique, so he told us the background story.  That really did
motivate us.

>>> Every time I listen, I end up wanting to turn off the light, take a
>>> deep breath, and light candles. Actually, last time I *did* light
>>> candles... hmm. LOL!
>>
>> Which album or albums do you have?
>
> MCMXC AD, The Cross of Changes, Le Roi est mort, vive lr Roi, The Screen
> Behind the Mirror, LSD, Voyageur, A Posterioiri. I also have the DVD
> Remember the Future.

Cross of Changes is the one I have; I was looking at a few others at he
used CD store the other day, but wasn't sure if they were similar in
style or not - I've been bitten a few times by having one really cool
disc from someone and buying another (or having one gifted, more often)
and finding out that the one I have is the exceptional one.  Satriani was
like that for me.

How are the other discs?

Jim