POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reality : Re: Reality Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reality
From: Warp
Date: 9 Feb 2008 15:01:48
Message: <47ae06ab@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>         It may not yet have overtaken businessman, but it's quite common here.
> I doubt it raises any eyebrows.

>         Same goes for layperson.

  I always notice specifically when someone uses "person" instead of "man"
in a common term like those. If the "man" is used instead, I don't even pay
attention. It sounds completely normal to me.

  The fact that I specifically notice it as something a bit out-of-place
means that I feel that it's artificial and an attemp at being hypercorrect.

  OTOH, I'm not a native speaker.

--
                                                          - Warp