POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DKBTrace 2.12 : Re: DKBTrace 2.12 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DKBTrace 2.12
From: David Buck
Date: 9 Feb 2008 07:45:50
Message: <47ada07e$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
>> Just on a lark, I spend about half an hour and managed to get DKBTrace
>> 2.12 compiled and running Windows XP using Visual Studio C++ 2005.  I
>> wrote a quick converter for the images in Smalltalk.
>
> computer history lessons... :)
>
> hey, I guess the original probably runs in some Amiga emulator.  And probably
> outputs images faster than the original as well. :D
>
>> If anyone is interested, I can post the executables (without the preview
>> option) or post images from DKBTrace.  They are truly showing their age :-)
>
> sure, it's always fun, kinda like seeing the clothes we wore back then...

The VS C++ 2005 version certainly runs faster.  Back in the Amiga days,
we didn't have floating point processors so all floating point
calculations were done by a library.

(and we had to walk 5 miles to school - and it was uphill - both ways -
and we lived in a cardboard box and we thought we were lucky.)

David Buck