POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strange PC behaviour : Strange PC behaviour Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Strange PC behaviour
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 9 Feb 2008 02:52:49
Message: <47ad5bd1@news.povray.org>
It all started with blackouts. No, it wasn't the power company. The PC would
spontaneously reset itself. It became more and more frequent. then it
wouldn't start up again unless I unplugged the power cable. Soon the PC
started crashing while Windows was loading.. . and after that all I could
get was CMOS. and then I couldn't even get the PC switched on.... After
removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes I could switch on the PC
again. With Windows badly damaged I had to reformat the HDD and reinstall
Windows a couple of times. Every time I install Windows it works fine for a
while and then starts crashing untill I can't start the PC up anymore. Last
night I tried installing Linux and it crashed with 20minutes of install
remaining.

I can't afford a new PC at the moment at all, so is there anything I can do?

I have a Athlon XP 2400 Socket A using the onboard 128Mb SiS graphics card
and a 250W power supply.

--
-Nekar Xenos-