POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Best way to simulate a sun : Re: Best way to simulate a sun Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best way to simulate a sun
From: Alain
Date: 8 Feb 2008 19:28:36
Message: <47acf3b4$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/02/08 04:33:
> I considered using an area light, but an area light is flat and doesn't luminate
> equally in all directions. Should I use a point light that looks like a sphere,
> or a sphere with high ambient values?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

Typicaly, the Sun is at a very large distance from your scene objects. It have
an aparant radius.
You use the "parallel" keyword and point it to the center of your scene. This
simulate a light source that is very far away.

You use an area_light with circular. You can also use "orient" to make sure the
light aray is always perpendicular to the location tested.
circular with orient create a "spherical" area_light.

If you can see your sun, directly or trough reflection(s), add a looks_like to
make it visible.

--
Alain
To define recursion, we must first define recursion.