POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Feb 2008 16:33:02
Message: <47acca8e$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:16:22 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> > good.  Now I don't know what amuses me the most:  that you can't
>> > distinguish their  styles or that even being aquainted to Bach you're
>> > still listening to that much crap from the recording industry...
>>
>> In fairness, early Mozart has a lot of the same elements that Bach does
>> in terms of style, even though they're from different time periods.
>
> oh, wait!  The Bach were talking about is the father, right?

Well, J. S., but we could also be talking about C. P. E. Bach or even PDQ
Bach (which is also in my collection <g>)

> But yes,
> early Mozart owes a lot to Christian.  And early Beethoven to Mozart.
> Influences, admiration, the search of their own style, it's always the
> same thing for all.

Yep.  To the untrained ear, it can be hard to tell the difference.  I
played violin for some 15 years, so I have a bit more musical education
than Andy does, I imagine.  I imagine the case is similar for you.

Jim