POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's a riddle : Re: It's a riddle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's a riddle
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Feb 2008 15:31:40
Message: <47acbc2c$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 09:15:30 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Actually, it's "weeks'" - it's a possessive plural.
>
> Indeed.

>>> Really? Apart from the minor detail that I can't spell? (Indeed, that
>>> guy fron Finland can spell English words better than I can...)
>>
>> Well, apart from "fron" in the above paragraph, I hadn't noticed your
>> inability to spell.  Reading your posts here and in your blog, I've
>> been impressed by the quality of writing you turn out.
>
> That's a typing error, not a spelling error. ;-)

Exactly. :-)

>> Besides, spelling and grammar checking are what editors are for. :-)
>
> Heh! Who wants to be editor for my NG submissions? :-D

Maybe Warp would volunteer <scnr>.  Seriously, though, for this type of
writing, who needs an editor?  If you occasionally make an error in
spoken speech in a social setting, only a grammar pedant is going to
correct you (and they do exist), but most people aren't going to care as
long as they understand what you mean.

Same applies in this context as well, for the most part.

Jim