POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 8 Feb 2008 11:55:28
Message: <47ac8980$1@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:
> The FLOSS Weekly episode on POV-Ray has now been posted.
>
>     http://twit.tv/floss24
>
> Enjoy.
>
> David Buck
A definitive ruling on the correct pronounciation!

Seems went pretty well! Very interesting to get a 'take' on both of you
guys.  (So now I want to know if David is a Senators fan.)

I am giving it a second listen.  I am wondering if the show was
presented straight-up as recorded or if you can detect any editing.  It
seemed pretty true with some of the time delays left in and so on.

Given that you had to start from first principles and get across the
keyboard-to-picture concept repeatedly, you were able to cover a lot of
'territory' of the POV-Ray world in the available time.  It was
certainly effective to have the HOF available and hear the hosts'
noticeably genuine response to what they were seeing there.

It was interesting and in a way reassuring to me to understand that the
people behind the development side really are heavy-duty technologists
and can simply enjoy that side of it.

It was also interesting to hear how originally, the process of putting
code out and the surprise of having improved code or
pictures-never-thought-possible come back at you, was integral to your
enthusiasm at the time.  Thoughout the interview you returned to your
enthusiasm for the POV community and its dynamic for evolving software
and images.

I thought your insights into the attractiveness of this program for
artists were remarkably accurate but quite basic, I thought there might
have been some ways to extend that side a bit more.  Still, you and the
hosts inventoried the whole spectrum of issues and interests attached to
the enterprise wonderfully.