POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! : Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Feb 2008 08:29:08
Message: <47ac5924$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> As you maight know for $us. 44.6 Billions. I think Yahoo should stay in
>> bussiness what do you think?
>
>   Who cares?

I'm still trying to figure out why ...

>   If MS tried to buy the Free Software Foundation, that would be interesting.

Don't give them any bright ideas ;)

Though, I seemed to have read somewhere that MS was considering
releasing the source to the .NET framework ....

nevermind, they already have: http://tinyurl.com/2cfh5w

>   I hate to defend Windows by principle, but I can't simply deny facts:
> The need for security patches is not a flaw exclusive to Windows, nor one
> can fairly expect an OS of that size to be completely flawless. The Linux
> kernel receives regular security patches, and this is true for most other
> OSes as well (such as Solaris and MacOS X).
>
>   What MS should do is to make their OS more efficient, lighter and with
> increased usability. They like to plagiate ideas from MacOS X, but they
> fail to replicate its user-friendliness and robustness.

Well said. Most vulnerabilities crop up because someone found a clever
way to circumvent the normal operation of an application in ways the
original creator of the application never considered.