POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! : Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo!
From: Warp
Date: 8 Feb 2008 06:45:45
Message: <47ac40e8@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> As you maight know for $us. 44.6 Billions. I think Yahoo should stay in
> bussiness what do you think?

  Who cares?

> I think they're doing fine and is not the money exclusively, is about a
> philanthropy/philosophy for service for the humanity, or at least is
> hwat I think about it.

  I would wholeheartedly agree if it was Google instead of Yahoo (and,
in fact, MS *has* tried buying Google, which refused).

  But Yahoo? To me it doesn't have such an image as eg. Google has.

  If MS tried to buy the Free Software Foundation, that would be interesting.

> Microsoft should invest in making a version of Windows that doesn't need
> so many security patches

  I hate to defend Windows by principle, but I can't simply deny facts:
The need for security patches is not a flaw exclusive to Windows, nor one
can fairly expect an OS of that size to be completely flawless. The Linux
kernel receives regular security patches, and this is true for most other
OSes as well (such as Solaris and MacOS X).

  What MS should do is to make their OS more efficient, lighter and with
increased usability. They like to plagiate ideas from MacOS X, but they
fail to replicate its user-friendliness and robustness.

--
                                                          - Warp