POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing : Re: xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing
From: scott
Date: 8 Feb 2008 05:47:25
Message: <47ac333d@news.povray.org>
>  I got the impression that (and in general, most of the xkcd strip alt
> tags) was just an additional, more hidden joke, not the main joke of the
> comic strip. I just didn't get the main one.

The main cartoon seems fairly simple to me, with no need to confuse yourself
with the alt text.

Someone called "BSLSK05" comes along, and gives a :) which kills the stick
dude.  The last frame shows some reptile at the other computer.  If you make
the connection between the username, killing by staring, and the reptile
then you "get" the cartoon.