POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing : Re: xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Feb 2008 03:24:20
Message: <47ac11b4$1@news.povray.org>

47ab8e97@news.povray.org...
>  I got the impression that (and in general, most of the xkcd strip alt
> tags) was just an additional, more hidden joke, not the main joke of the
> comic strip. I just didn't get the main one.

I think the joke is just one of those "tradition vs modernity" ones, like
Santa Claus being stuck in electric heater or vampires starving due to the
lack of virgins.
It's also a take on the moral panic about "online predators", the stick guy
being killed in a chatroom after asking a/s/l.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com