POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lamp me one : Re: Lamp me one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp me one
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Feb 2008 12:09:26
Message: <47ab3b46$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> Seriously, if you don't declare variables first, there really isn't a
>> particularly good way of creating a global from inside a procedure, is
>> there?
>
> Yeah there is: Declare variables first. :-P

Sure. That's what [global] gets you.

Anyway, [global] is a special case of [upvar] and just basically has
default arguments. Complaining you have to use [global] in Tcl is silly.

PHP has no [upvar], and PHP has "superglobals" which you don't have to
redeclare inside procedures, so it's just a mess.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?