POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lamp me one : Re: Lamp me one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp me one
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Feb 2008 22:46:33
Message: <47aa7f19$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> Don't do that on a real project. Use actual data-like templates. The
>> problem is that the person writing the code isn't the person who
>> decides what goes in the HTML.
>
> Hmm. That sounds like an interesting problem to attempt to solve...

Meh. I use a templating thing.  I have a call to which you pass a
template name, a style, an array of name->value pairs, and an array of
name->function mappings.

The template name and style maps (eventually) to a file, with stuff like

Lines with <{{stuff}}> where there's no "stuff" key in the name->value
array disappear completely. The rest get substituted. If the name has a
"*" on the end, it doesn't get HTML-escaped, so you can pass raw HTML
from the code. The name->function lets you do things like "display
values greater than five minutes in red" or "NULL turns into 'N/A'"

On top of that, I built one that takes a head, row, and foot template,
as well as a record resource (as returned by mysql_query()) and
generates the whole page.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?