POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worthwhile investment? : Re: Worthwhile investment? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worthwhile investment?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 6 Feb 2008 17:54:07
Message: <47aa3a8f@news.povray.org>
Michael Zier wrote:
> Am Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:40:16 -0500 schrieb Sabrina Kilian:
>
>> <humor?>Of course, it could be worth $8000 when either gas hits 5$ a
>> gallon or the dollar crashes.</humor?>
>
> Hmm, according to Google calc I'm currently paying $7.80 per gallon for
> regular, unleaded (or would, but I've got a diesel engine so it's only
> $7.00 per gallon, phew!)

I was working from the pictures, the use of the United States flag as a
back drop for the sale price and other hints, to guess that the surplus
shop was some where in the USA. Gas here has been running just around $3
a gallon and for some reason that's considered too high.

Every time the price goes above $3 a gallon here, I see more people out
on motorcycles. Hence, the humor.