POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's a riddle : It's a riddle Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  It's a riddle
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 6 Feb 2008 16:46:43
Message: <47aa2ac3$1@news.povray.org>
"2.1.1 For the first 6 months of continuous employment the period of
notice to be given in writing by either you of the Company to terminate
your employment is one week's notice thereafter either party must give
at least four week's notice if you have been continuously employed for
up to four years and thereafter one additional week's notice for each
completed year of continuous service up to a maximum of 12 weeks' notice
after 12 years' service has been completed."

What... in the name of God...??!

That entire paragraph is ONE FRIGGIN SENTENCE!! >_< I almost wanna rip
out my own eyeballs! Who the hell wrote this?!

I'm loving how they mix "week's" and "weeks'". Mmm, nice grammar.

So... anybody wanna take a guess how much notice I'm supposed to give?

[For bonus points, speculate how much notice you have to give if you've
worked for more than 6 months but less than 4 years.]

Damn, this is like the riddle of Diophantuss's age!

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DiophantussRiddle.html

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/