POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 6 Feb 2008 14:02:07
Message: <47aa042f@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:21:52 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>
>> I did hear some guy who had is car stereo knicked. So he wanted to set
>> up a laptop running Xine on Linux to act as a music player. He was
>> asking how to wire a switch to the serial port and script it so he could
>> change tracks.
>
> Over here you can get aftermarket removable stereos or with removable
> faceplates (which takes the entire control interface off the radio).  The
> thing is, if you get one of those, you'd better *always* take it with you.

Yeah, I used to have one of those. It's a pitty is you forget to take
the faceplace with you... no music. :-(

My mum has this currently. And never removes it. But then, this woman
can't find her car keys in the morning, so...

>> At this point, somebody said "dude, you just had your car stereo
>> knicked, so you want to park a *laptop* on the passenger seat??"
>
> Hehehehehehehe

Yeah. Literally, is plan was to take a knackered old laptop and park it
on the passenger seat with a bunch of wires going into the speakers.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/