POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Feb 2008 10:19:07
Message: <47a9cfeb@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Really? I thought electric motors were more efficient than internal
>> combustion engines, and hence should use power more slowly...
>
> The problem is that in petrol/diesel you can store much more energy per
> unit weight than you can with batteries, even after taking into account
> the better efficiency of the electric system.  To carry around enough
> batteries to match the amount of useful energy in 50 litres of diesel
> wouldn't be practical at the moment.

I see... Hence the hydrogen fuel cells and so forth?

>> [And I don't care how many figures you pay me, I don't *want* to be
>> the director of anything! Far too much pressure...]
>
> Unfortunately, higher paid jobs usually come with more
> responsibility/pressure...

Well yeah - the high paid jobs are high paid because no sane person
would want to do them. ;-)

Anyway, currently I have a low-paid job that no sane person would want.
If I can find a somewhat higher-paid job that's less obnoxious I'd be
happier.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/