POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: scott
Date: 6 Feb 2008 10:13:46
Message: <47a9ceaa$1@news.povray.org>
> Really? I thought electric motors were more efficient than internal
> combustion engines, and hence should use power more slowly...

The problem is that in petrol/diesel you can store much more energy per unit
weight than you can with batteries, even after taking into account the
better efficiency of the electric system.  To carry around enough batteries
to match the amount of useful energy in 50 litres of diesel wouldn't be
practical at the moment.

> [And I don't care how many figures you pay me, I don't *want* to be the
> director of anything! Far too much pressure...]

Unfortunately, higher paid jobs usually come with more
responsibility/pressure...