POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Feb 2008 05:53:41
Message: <47a991b5$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> In most places it's illegal to show video that the driver can see while
> the car is moving (and in some places it's even illegal to show any
> video in the front, even if the driver can't see it).

Not sure how satnavs get past that but I guess it's not *technically* video.

 > There is no way a
> car manufacturer would put any device like that in a car, however there
> is nothing to stop someone adding such a system afterwards.

Yes, I've mostly seen this on things like Halfords ads.

 > Then it's
> just like using your phone or a laptop whilst driving, it's up to the
> police to enforce the illegal behaviour.

Good luck with that lads.

> In Japan it's pretty common for drivers to watch TV while they are
> stopped in traffic.  As soon as the car begins to move the display
> switches to a map, or radio info or whatever.  This is built-in by the
> car manufacturers.

Yes obviously the idea of front-mounted players is to relieve monotony
in slow traffic, but the potential for homicidal negligence is
staggering. I like the Japanese solution though!