POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: scott
Date: 6 Feb 2008 05:37:57
Message: <47a98e05$1@news.povray.org>
> As far as music goes, most cars come with an AM radio. With mechanical
> tuning buttons.

I have not seen a car with mechanical tuning buttons for ages.  Even my
sisters 12 year old Clio has a radio with electronic buttons.  My first car,
which must be 20 years old now if it was still alive, had manual tuning for

> (You know, "radio buttons"?) If you're lucky they have FM as well.

Find me a car radio that doesn't do FM.

> And if it's a really expensive car, there might be a tape deck. My current
> car is unique in that it can play *CDs*. In fact, it has a *six* disk
> changer in the boot. Advanced!

Dude, you are decades out of date.  Even my bottom-of-the-range Peugeot 206

first car which was bottom of the range 20 year old wreck 950cc had a tape
player and FM radio.

> Sure, I know there are absurdly rich people who can afford expensive shiny
> cars that have all sorts of electronic gizmos in them. But seriously,
> normal people don't have that kind of money...

The other day I was given a small Ford while mine was being serviced - even
that had a 3,5mm input socket for an MP3 player - plus an SD card slot at
the side of the radio (which had a small colour screen and CD).  These are
not expensive cars, these are cars that normal people buy.  Can you even buy
a car with a tape deck anymore?

Try glancing inside some parked cars as you are walking around, you'll be
suprised how many of them have electronic tuning with FM and CD players :-)