POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Feb 2008 05:14:46
Message: <47a98896$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Best invention ever - I would never get a car that wasn't capable of
> playing MP3s now.  Most new cars have some option for getting MP3s in to
> it, either through the CD player, USB socket or memory card socket.  Car
> designers realise that everyone has portable music players and MP3s now...

Hmm, I must be living in a different world or something...

In the world where I live, people buy second hard cards that are about
20 years old. And even that is cripplingly expensive. When I was a kid,
my family went through old wrecks at a prodigious rate. Nobody in my
family has ever owned a "new" car. They're just too expensive.

And then, about 4 years ago, I purchased the newest car that anybody I
know has ever had. It was 3 years old. It's so new, in fact, that it has
*metalic* paint. And electric windows. And power steering. And ABS. It
even has *air bags*.

As far as music goes, most cars come with an AM radio. With mechanical
tuning buttons. (You know, "radio buttons"?) If you're lucky they have
FM as well. And if it's a really expensive car, there might be a tape
deck. My current car is unique in that it can play *CDs*. In fact, it
has a *six* disk changer in the boot. Advanced!

Sure, I know there are absurdly rich people who can afford expensive
shiny cars that have all sorts of electronic gizmos in them. But
seriously, normal people don't have that kind of money...

> Some cars even play video DVDs you know!

Ooo, so that's why so many people die on the roads? :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/