POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : True objects in SDL? : Re: True objects in SDL? Server Time
5 May 2024 00:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: True objects in SDL?
From: scott
Date: 6 Feb 2008 04:33:23
Message: <47a97ee3@news.povray.org>
>>> What are the odds of this?
>>
>>   One of the main points of pov4 is that it should have a better
>> scripting
>> language.
>>

> Nice :)  But I had to ask, since "a better scripting language" doesn't
> really tell us much, so I wasn't sure if this was being considered or not.

Ideally it would be good enough that we wouldn't have to use another
language to generate POV code.  I regularly use C++ to generate POV code,
just because the SDL is too slow and clumsy for dealing with arrays of
objects for animation.  It's a shame because it would be much nicer to be
able to do that stuff within POV itself.