POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 5 Feb 2008 13:03:04
Message: <47a8a4d8@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> And let's not even get started on all those USB goodies that YOU JUST
> PLUG IN AND THEY GO! It wasn't like that before. Had to turn off the
> whole PC to connect or disconnect anything...

If I had a nickel for every time that was patently false.

Sure, flash drives work easily enough, but any other piece of hardware
usually requires you follow a specific sequence before you even plug the
device in. Otherwise, Windows (not sure how this works on other
platforms) will do magically bad things, such as install a persistent
incorrect driver that takes several steps and a few sacrificed chickens
to remove.