POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 5 Feb 2008 12:59:26
Message: <47a8a3fe$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
]
> over voodoo dolls. Today you can pretty much just plug in a PCI card and
> *expect* it to work immediately - or at least as soon as you put the CD
> in. No IRQ conflicts, no driver mismatches, IT JUST WORKS!!

Unless you're the dumbass that used to work where I currently work and
plug in the card without first shutting down the computer. Yeah, that
magic smoke ... that's what used to make it work, you let it out.
Thankfully that person quit, saving the management the difficult task of
canning them. Not a single line of their code exists here, anymore,
either. :)