POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lamp me one : Re: Lamp me one Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp me one
From: Warp
Date: 5 Feb 2008 10:36:30
Message: <47a8827c@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> >   Don't mix HTML and PHP. That's just asking for maintenance nightmares.

> I thought that was the design goal of PHP?

  Maybe it was, but in practice it's usually a bad idea. I have seen
horrible, horrible examples.

  This may be an acceptable exception:

<?php
  ... lots of PHP code here
?>

  <?php (something which calls the code above) ?>

> >   You don't need to make a separate 'echo' for each of those things.

> You do if you only have a 40x40 character text window and a text editor
> which malfunctions on long lines...

  No you don't:

echo
 'hello ' .
 $user .
 ", how are you?\n";

  At least it saves you from writing 'echo' a million times.

--
                                                          - Warp