POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Clouds in POV-Ray : Clouds in POV-Ray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Clouds in POV-Ray
From: David Buck
Date: 4 Feb 2008 11:41:48
Message: <47a7404c$1@news.povray.org>
One question that will likely come up in the FLOSS interview on
Wednesday is how POV-Ray renders clouds. I have an answer from when I
used to write cloud textures years ago - procedural textures with shades
of gray and transparency and a gradient sphere.

Is there a better more modern way to create spectacular clouds?  Many of
the clouds I'm seeing seem to go beyond the simple texturing technique I
used to use.

Thanks
David Buck