POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Feb 2008 11:20:43
Message: <47a73b5b$1@news.povray.org>
>> 1. There exists a PS3?
>
> Yes.

I'd heard there was a PS2 out, but PS3 is news...

>> 3. EP2 is available for something other than PC?
>
> Even availble for the Xbox360. Not the Wii though (yet).

Er, isn't the Xbox made by Micro$oft?

>> 4. OMG, how do you *play* with only 3 buttons??
>
> Assuming you're vaguely serious I've got 14 buttons plus two analogue
> joysticks, that's a standard pad.

Oh, OK. I've only seen a PS1. [Isn't that the one with the circle,
square and triangle? Makes me feel like it should be a kids' toy...]

>> Yeah, but you can *never* find anything to throw when you actually
>> want to use the gravity gun. Only when you're *not* trying to use it.
>> That's why it's useless in any kind of battle. You can never find ammo
>> in time, it takes 12 attempts to pick up the ammo, now you can't see
>> where you're aiming... oh, NM, you're already dead.
>
> The fixed POV is damn annoying with the gun, make the pick-up
> semi-transparent to simulate looking around the thing. I'm so surprised
> this got past the beta with no complaints.

All the weapons seem to have some kind of "drawback" to them. E.g., the
crossbow is leathal and has a cool sniper scope (WTF?), but reloads
painfully slowly and you aim extremely slowly while scoped. The SMG
fires a continuous stream of death - but it's wildly inaccurate and
delivers approximately 3% per damange per hit. And so on. And the
gravity gun is an instant kill if you ever hit anything - but it's not
possible to hit anything.

>> It does, however, reset the fuse on grenades. Note disable it, just
>> reset it at the moment you pick it up. WTF?
>
> Never noticed, I always assumed it wouldn't so I'd just run away from it
> rather then switch and grab it or more often the loose board is happened
> to passing at the time.

I once pluged keepy-uppy with the gravity gun and a grenade. If you pick
up the grenade, drop it, pick it up, drop it, pick it up... each time
you pick it up the fuse resets to 4 seconds. Just so long as you do it
quickly enough, you can keep it from exploding indefinitely.

> I love the way that the Dog catch game is
> supposed to teach you to catch thrown grenades except the objects thrown
> by Dog are about four times larger and don't explode.

...you can catch thrown grenades??

I know you can pick them up off the floor, but mid-air? Hmm, I'll have
to try that some day...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/