POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Feb 2008 10:49:03
Message: <47a733ef$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

>> Seriously. You point it at a gas cylinder and it picks up a tiny
>> pebble 6 feet to the left of the gas cylinder. FTW? It's just so
>> *hopelessly* inaccurate. It takes 10 minutes to do anything useful
>> with it - far too slow to be of use turing a tense battle scene.
>
> Again I'm on a PS3 so the aiming's tweaked,

1. There exists a PS3?

2. You own one?

3. EP2 is available for something other than PC?

4. OMG, how do you *play* with only 3 buttons??

> but yeah it's still a bit
> too precise and it's damned annoying that you've just picked up that
> splinter of wood and not the buzzsaw blade right next to/beneath it;
> some sort of priority system needs to be put in there.

Like I said, it tends to pick up things I'm not even remotely pointing
at. Point it directly at the huge boulder and it picks up something
several feet to one side or another. Hmm.

> It's also fun to kill the head-crabs with if you want to save ammo don't
> want to use the crowbar; takes a couple of hits, bt at least it's a
> range weapon.

Yeah, but you can *never* find anything to throw when you actually want
to use the gravity gun. Only when you're *not* trying to use it. That's
why it's useless in any kind of battle. You can never find ammo in time,
it takes 12 attempts to pick up the ammo, now you can't see where you're
aiming... oh, NM, you're already dead.

> For a device that's supposed to be used in handling hazardous materials
> I've also found it amusing that a) it's difficult to manipulate an
> object you're holding i.e. rotate it; and b) that for any object of
> around briefcase size it obscures your forward vision.

It does, however, reset the fuse on grenades. Note disable it, just
reset it at the moment you pick it up. WTF?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/