POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VS Express editions? : Re: VS Express editions? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VS Express editions?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 Feb 2008 08:42:07
Message: <47a7162f$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Ah, .not. I stay away from that. Even though some things look tempting.
> But hey, Vista screenshots with Aero are tempting too (that's the whole
> idea of marketing), and no way in hell I'll downgrade to it.

Yeah, that's the true evil of it though... Once you get a taste, it's
hard to go back. Wife's computer has the super-fancy version of Vista.
I'll have to say, I don't think I've ever used the 3D, roll through the
windows feature they kept showing when they were promoting vista, But
the translucent windows are kind of neat, sure it's eye candy ... But
it's nice eye candy. I'm also quite happy to see they added the ability
to change the color the windows title bars. Which I sort of missed in XP.