POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Chambers
Date: 3 Feb 2008 21:47:25
Message: <47a67cbd$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote
>
>> Depends on what your goal is.  If the goal is to see the story, it's
>> perfectly acceptable.  I suck at games that involve any sort of
>> coordination (video or otherwise), but if I want to "read the story", the
>> only way for me to do that is to put the game in God mode.
>
> You might want to try books instead. Easier to read. Better stories.

So we're supposed to be excluded from an entire medium of story telling,
just because we're not l337 hax0r 13yo's, but instead we have real jobs
(not to mention, other hobbies)?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to play through a game for fun,
rather than for bragging rights (haha, I beat Doom 14 on "Final
Nightmare Elite" mode in 31 hours, w/o taking a potty break!).  After
all, it IS a "game".

--
...Ben Chambers
ben at pacific web guy dot com (no spaces)