POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 3 Feb 2008 15:42:12
Message: <47a62724$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Oh, that's cute.

And useful - we make a couple of new nerds every year ;). Just try to
guess what I started doing every summer when I was 10 years old (missed
1 year so far, I'm 26 now).

> (How many million LoC is Doom? Sure, it does software
> rendering, but even so...) ;-)

For the record, I have actually no idea.

> My response is typically of the form "learning how to program a computer
> is like learning to speak French. It takes more than 5 minutes..."

We just teach them to program. Pretty soon they'll notice it's not
*that* easy, but some of them get into programming and continue it :).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net