POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) : Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and renderingprogramming) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and renderingprogramming)
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Feb 2008 22:37:30
Message: <47a536fa$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I find that perfectly clear, but an odd way of expressing the thought
> you're having.

My wife already had a Masters in Computer Science before coming to the
USA, and she learned a lot of English by studying the GREs. Early on,
one day, she leaned over to me and said "Look at the sweater of the man
with the sparsely distributed hair."   "The word is 'bald'."  "Oh, OK."

Just today, it was "do you need help to hoist the bicycle back onto the
rack?" Perfectly correct, but way too sophisticated/educated a choice of
words, at the same time.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?