POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What you say? : Re: What you say? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What you say?
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 2 Feb 2008 13:31:22
Message: <47a4b6fa$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I always amuse my wife when we go in a chinese restaurant and I write
> "big man" (Da-ren) on the waiting list. Of course, it's the only version
> of the characters pronounced that way that's simple enough for me to
> remember how to "spell".

My last girlfriend [Jesus that was a long time ago...] had several
tattoes on various parts of her body. [I paid for one of them!] For
example, she had a couple of characters tattoed to the back of her leg
which evidently mean "hard and strong".

But that's the part that gets me thinking... how do *we* know that's
what it means? I mean, the *shop* says that's what it means. But for all
we know, maybe she's actually walking around with "I am a dork" tattoed
to her leg? [Which, actually, would be kinda appropriate in her case...]

Just a thought. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/