POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 2 Feb 2008 12:02:40
Message: <47a4a230$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Actually, thinking about it... Warp works in game development. I bet he
> comes across all kinds of hopeless people who think they know how to
> develop games. (Or that ask him to develop games for them, or...)

We have this club, with which we keep max. week-long camps for
youngsters (usually 'bout 10-16 years old) to learn IT-skills. At first
night we ask them what they want to learn (programming, raytracing,
networking, hardware, Linux etc...). Some years ago for couple of
summers there was always 2-3 new kids, who had no idea of programming
and they answered like "I want to learn how to code something like Doom"
(Doom being an actual part of these answer - and surely the most popular!).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net