POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What you say? : Re: What you say? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What you say?
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 2 Feb 2008 07:13:02
Message: <47a45e4e$1@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

> Now you could try to do the reverse, make Google translate each of these
> sentences and see if it still makes sense in English :-)

I do this anyway. ;-)

I discovered that various sentences subtly but significantly change
their meaning. For example, things like "I want to make you smile"
become "I want to smile", which is quite different. Seems Google has a
few glitches in there. (Apparently it's using statistics to decide what
to translate to. I did find a few sentences that Google was simply
unable to produce a decent translation for...)

> FYI, these do not make any sense in French:
>
>> * Vous sonore agréable.
>> * Vous goût agréable.
>> * Je tiens à vous faire nu.
>> * Puis-je AVC votre vagin?
>
> I'm especially puzzled by the last one... AVC?

Yeah, I was wondering about that...

> There are other sentences that are correct but not what you would say in
> French. But at least they make sense.

LOL! Sense enough to get a black eye anyway...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/