POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) : Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming)
From: Warp
Date: 2 Feb 2008 04:04:22
Message: <47a43215@news.povray.org>
> It also helps tremendously if you have someone who *is* a native speaker
> actively helping you out, pointing out your mispronunciations and odd
> word choices and such, methinks. At least, that's my experience.

  That's one HUGE problem, though. People are way too "polite" to comment
on your mistakes, even if it would benefit you a lot if the did.

  I have had more than one experience related to this just in writing.
I have written something consistently in the wrong way for *years* before
someone *finally* commented that it's wrong, after which I started writing
it correctly. In each case it exasperated me why nobody had said it to me
before. I can't know if I write something in the wrong way if nobody tells me.

--
                                                          - Warp