POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? : Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2008 23:28:04
Message: <47a3f154$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:31:24 -0500, Sven Littkowski wrote:

> But that means, ifit is not some software solution, I can't get it for
> my current system. A pity.

Only if your system is a 486 or earlier.  As I said, it's in the
hardware, you just need the software to be written to leverage it.

My original comment was in rsponse to Nicolas' statement that you'd have
to have a 64-bit system in order to access memory over 4 GB; PAE lets you
do that on 32-bit systems, so as long as the software is compiled for
PAE, it can address memory > 4 GB.

Jim