POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Software: About: Slogan : Re: POV-Ray Software: About: Slogan Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Software: About: Slogan
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Feb 2008 11:05:52
Message: <47a34360@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> I am making herewith the request to use some slogan like the following one,
> in order to show the spirit of the render software POV-Ray (will become 20
> years old in 2009!!!):
>
> "Virtual Reality, the final frontier. These are the calculations of the
> raytracer POV-Ray. Its nineteen-year mission: To explore virtual new worlds.
> To seek out virtual life and virtual art. To boldly go where no render
> program has gone before." That should be displayed inside the ABOUT box.

Nice! :)  I find the idea lovely! :)

POV-Ray and Star Trek are geek things, after all!  And both have endured
long lives.

> It was Star
> Trek, where there was the first kiss between white and black on celluloid.

yeah, shame they were quite a bit old by the time.  But I'm sure Captain
Kirk and Uhura have had some affair in their prime... ;)

> And I am sure, when the first kiss between a human and an alien happens,
> David Kirk Buck, Aaron Collins or Christopher Cason or any other of the
> long-eared, deeply logically thinking POV programmers will appear from
> behind some corner, and try to teach the alien the way how to use POV-Ray...

You know you've been raytracing too long when povray developers are
comparable to Vulcans... ;)