POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:59:40
Message: <47a341ec@news.povray.org>
>>>  I tend to be stuck on the the Wayne's World version.
>>
>> I told my dad I had this stuck in my head, and he just looked at me
>> and casually said "oh, that's sweet".
>>
>> *rimshot*
>
> I'm whistling it as I type.

Muhuhuhu!

>>>  Yep good old Herman's Hermits
>>
>> Them again?? Damn, that's 2 cool songs I know they did...
>
> They did more then one song!? :-P

Oh, sure, I bet they did lots of songs - but how many *cool* ones? :-P

>>>  Ah now it's one of only three musicals I can stand.
>>
>> ...??
>
> Bugsy Malone, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror.
>
> "You'll be a dentist, you have a talent for causing great PAIN"

I know of Little Shop of Horrors. The song is a mystery to me still.

>>> <snip>
>>>  Ookay
>>
>> Seriously, it's like, this normal love song, but in the background
>> there's a bunch of guys chanting nonesense words... very odd, but
>> quite beautiful... yet still... very odd.
>
> Rings no bells.

>>>  <sigh>
>>
>> Quality stuff... but you wouldn't want to play it too often.
>
> Exactly.

My God... somebody agrees with my taste in music... o_O

>> I prefer the Beach Boys' version. This one has much thinner harmonies
>> and less tuneful backing...
>
> Heretic, burn him.

...or not...

>> And why doesn't *my* electric guitar ever sound like this?
>
> Evanescense; and post-processing dude, post-processing.

Riiiight. Hmm. Ever watch The Crow? (****ing awesom film BTW...) The guy
only plays a few notes, yet it sounds amazing. WTH?

>>>  Still a good song though.
>>
>> Erm, no... not really, no...
>
> and yet start it off and most people can join in. A bit like Hey Jude.

Another song I'm not terribly fond of - yet seems to be greatly popular.

Hey, that reminds me of a couple of other songs that didn't make it into
my list. (Something about "ride a white swan" - the rest made no sense.
Oh, and "riding down a bumpy hillside, in your hippie hat"... well, you
know the rest.)

>> Who was that?
>>
>> *rimshot*
>
> Almost scaring me there.

;-)

>>>  Ah Manfred Mann via Dylan.
>>
>> Uh... what?
>
> or not. I thought it was Dylan as writer then performed by Manfred Mann,
> maybe I'm wrong; or you were listening to a cover?

And I'd know it's a cover because...?

And what's a Manfred Man?

>> Even *I* recognise that voice... [That's rare!]
>
> I'm sure you can recognise Kylie, McCartney, Madonna, Heather Small,
> Bowie... (INPO)

Erm... Well Heather Small I've never even heard of by name. Of the
others, I would say none of them have particularly "distinctive" voices.
The style of the music might give you a clue, but beyond that...

Now that dude from the Petshop Boys. WHO could ever mistake THAT voice?
Seriously, even when he talks normally it sounds like a synthesizer...

>>> Nice mix I'd have listened to those with something approaching pleasure.
>>
>> The ones I can't even remembe were much less interesting. [Tautology?]
>
> Um you've not been writing speeches for Dubya have you

What?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/