POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What you say? : Re: What you say? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What you say?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:50:23
Message: <47a33fbf@news.povray.org>

47a33b36@news.povray.org...
> Actually, I was just thinking... What if you had some brain disorder that
> made all your words come out in the same flat tone? Everybody would think
> you're insulting them of something... heh!

I've been told that there's a village somewhere in the Center where people
do talk "like foreigners", i.e. without any tone. Other Vietnamese find this
comedy gold.
In any case, I guess that the tone differences are sometimes so subtle
anyway (particularly given the Vietnamese habit of shouting to match the
high ambient noise) that people are able to infer what others actually say
from the context alone.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com