POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:40:31
Message: <47a32f5f$1@news.povray.org>
>> And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a
>> ballroom blitz.
>> And the girl in the corner said "boy I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a
>> ballroom blitz"... Ballroom blitz!
>>
>> [You have no idea how long I had that thing stuck in my head!]
>
> I tend to be stuck on the the Wayne's World version.

I told my dad I had this stuck in my head, and he just looked at me and
casually said "oh, that's sweet".

*rimshot*

>> Something tells me I'm into something good.
>
> Yep good old Herman's Hermits

Them again?? Damn, that's 2 cool songs I know they did...

>> Let's do the Time Warp again!
>>
>> [Oh you have GOT me to KIDDING me!!]
>
> Ah now it's one of only three musicals I can stand.

...??

>> Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
> <snip>
>> [Dude, WTF? You're just making this up now...]
>
> Ookay

Seriously, it's like, this normal love song, but in the background
there's a bunch of guys chanting nonesense words... very odd, but quite
beautiful... yet still... very odd.

>> But they just can't kill the beast
>
> <sigh>

You can check out any time you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Apparently.

>> Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite,
>> Looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
>> Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite,
>> And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.
>> Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Oooo, afternoon delight.
>>
>> [I'll skip the story about why this one is "special" to Benny...]
>
> Thanks; not one I can recall.

Never heard it myself either... Kinda country song, apparently.

[Isn't it amazing how if you write "lyrics" followed by any tiny extract
of the words, Google instantly knows PRECISELY WHICH SONG YOU MEAN?!?]

>> Oh when I look back now
>> That summer seemed to last forever
>> And if I had the choice
>> Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
>> Those were the best days of my life
>
> Nope can't place that either

If I meantioned that it was in the summer of sixty-nine you might stand
a chance...

>> If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
>> I'd been married long time ago.
>> Where did you come from, where did you go?
>> Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?
>>
>> [Are you KIDDING me??!?!]
>
> Hey I've got that one too.

Seriously. We've got all this country and folk music, and then THIS
comes on... WHAT???

>> Wooo-ooo0000! Living on a prayer!
>
> <sigh>

Quality stuff... but you wouldn't want to play it too often.

>> He was a skater boy,
>> She said see you later boy.
>
> Look at me I'm really street. Yeah Avril now shut up.

LOL!

Who's Avril? Isn't that a brand of aspirin or something?

>> California dreaming...
>
> Damn fine.

I prefer the Beach Boys' version. This one has much thinner harmonies
and less tuneful backing...

>> (Save me)
>> Save me from the nothing I've become.
>
> Not their best.

Who is it?

And why doesn't *my* electric guitar ever sound like this?

>> And singing, "This’ll be the day that I die.
>> This’ll be the day that I die."
>>
>> [God damn miserable song...]
>
> Still a good song though.

Erm, no... not really, no...

>> Sure plays a mean pinball!
>
> De dum dum dum de dum.

Who was that?

*rimshot*

>> [All together now...]
>>
>> You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.
>
> Ah Manfred Mann via Dylan.

Uh... what?

>> Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll....
>> You know you make me wanna SHOUT!
>>
>> [Damn, that women needs to STAND BACK FROM THE MICROPHONE! Jesus she's
>> scary... At least, I *presume* it's a women...]
>
> Assuming you were listening to Lulu then yes it was a women.

Apparently this "lulu" person is/was extremely attractive. Personally,
listening to that grinding voice, all I could think of was that evil
witch person from Tales from the Crypt.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Chainbass.png

>> A real dead ringer for love.
>
> Ah Mr Loaf

Even *I* recognise that voice... [That's rare!]

> Nice mix I'd have listened to those with something approaching pleasure.

The ones I can't even remembe were much less interesting. [Tautology?]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/