POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Music selection Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 08:29:36
Message: <47a31ec0$1@news.povray.org>
During my journey to Switzerland by car, I was treated (?) to Benny's
musical tastes.

(Benny's car stereo is somehow able to decode MPEG-1 layer-3 digital
audio from yellow-book CDs. Yes, yellow-book, but red-book. As a result,
1 CD plays for about 13 hours. And the trebble is sufficiently chewed up
to annoy me. Apparently the difference is inaudible to everyone else...)

Here are some of the assorted lyrics I heard. If you're as bored as me,
try naming a few of them...

OOOOOOHHHH YEAH!
It's like LIGHTNING!
Everybody was FRIGHTNING!
But the music was SOOTHING!
And then they all started GROOVING!

And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a
ballroom blitz.
And the girl in the corner said "boy I wanna warm ya, it'll turn into a
ballroom blitz"... Ballroom blitz!

[You have no idea how long I had that thing stuck in my head!]

Woke up this morning, I'm feeling fine.
There's something special on my mind.
Last night I met a new girl in my neighborhood.
Something tells me I'm into something good.

It's just a jump to the left,
And then a step to the right.
With your hands on your hips,
You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.
Let's do the Time Warp again!

[Oh you have GOT me to KIDDING me!!]

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

[Dude, WTF? You're just making this up now...]

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite,
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite,
And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.
Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Oooo, afternoon delight.

[I'll skip the story about why this one is "special" to Benny...]

Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
I'd been married long time ago.
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?

[Are you KIDDING me??!?!]

Wooooooooooo! We're half way there!
Wooo-ooooooo! Living on a prayer!
Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear!
Wooo-ooo0000! Living on a prayer!

He was a skater boy,
She said see you later boy.
He wasn't good enough for her.
Now he's a super star,
Slamming on his guitar.
Does your pretty face see what he's worth?

All the leaves are brown,
And the sky is grey.
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day.
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreaming...

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside.
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside.
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark.
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run.
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone.
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become.

I started singing
"Bye-bye, miss american pie."
Drove my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
Them good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye

[God damn miserable song...]

He stands like a statue,
Becomes part of the machine.
Feeling all the bumpers,
Always playing clean.
He plays by intuition,
The digit counters fall.
That deaf, dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball!

[All together now...]

Come all without,
Come all within,
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

[Try to picture 3 sad old geezers sat in a car in the middle of France
driving along singing this thing. Yeah. That was us. And I don't even
know what the hell it *means*...]

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll....
You know you make me wanna SHOUT!
Kick my heels up and SHOUT!
Throw my hands up and SHOUT!
Throw my head back and SHOUT!
Come on now...

[Damn, that women needs to STAND BACK FROM THE MICROPHONE! Jesus she's
scary... At least, I *presume* it's a women...]

Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise.
Run in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies.

And if you dont love me now,
You will never love me again.
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain.

[Air guitars, please... You all know how this part goes. ;-) ]

I dont know who you are or what you do, or where you go when youre not
around.
I dont know anything about you baby, but youre everything Im dreaming of.
I dont know who you are, but youre a real dead ringer for love.
A real dead ringer for love.

[Hmm - how many decades and musical styles have we covered so far? Damn,
I can't even *remember* half of what was on that CD...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/