POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Interference in media : Interference in media Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Interference in media
From: Timothy Groves
Date: 1 Feb 2008 06:17:43
Message: <47a2ffd7@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to generate a warp-field type effect, and whenever the
two spheres containing the media intersect, unpleasant things happen.

I've tried both a union and a merge of the two spheres, but the results
are the same.  And equally poor either way.

I'll attach a code snippet and a picture of the problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

#declare cherenkov_radiation = sphere {
	<0, 0, 0>, 1
	hollow
	pigment {
		rgbf 1
		}
	interior {
		media {
			emission rgb 1
			absorption rgb <0, 0, 0.5>
			density {
				spherical
				color_map {
					[0 rgb 0]
					[0.25 rgb <0, 0.0005, 0.001>]
					[0.5 rgb <0, 0.001, 0.002>]
					[0.75 rgb <0.001, 0.002, 0.002>]
					[1 rgb 0]
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

union {
	object {
		kepler // The Starship Model
		}
	#if (c_size > 0)
		merge {
			object {
				cherenkov_radiation
				scale <70, 70, 2000>
				translate <65, 15, -54>
				}
			object {
				cherenkov_radiation
				scale <70, 70, 2000>
				translate <-65, 15, -54>
				}
			}
	#end
	translate loc
	}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kepler-warpout-143.png' (177 KB)

Preview of image 'kepler-warpout-143.png'
kepler-warpout-143.png