POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rune|vision update and makeover : Re: rune|vision update and makeover Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rune|vision update and makeover
From: Rune
Date: 31 Jan 2008 20:28:21
Message: <47a275b5$1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" wrote:

> >> There is also a close button visible.
> >
> > Hmm, I can't see it...
>
> Sorry, I should have been more specific: *on the frontpage*, disabling
> styles shows "Subscriptions", a close button, and an empty iframe; all
> this at the bottom of the page. With styles on, this is shown dynamically
> by a script.

Ah, I had tested simply by pulling the external style sheets, but now I
understand that disabling styles also disables the styles specified in the
page itself. How do I do that with IE6 or Firefox 2? And anyway, *why* would
anyone be browsing my site without having styles enables, except web
crawlers?

>>> Also, watch for modeler/modeller and other US/UK differences.
>>
>> Ah, is that a US/UK difference? I just thought both were acceptable
>> regardless of dialect.
>
> That's what I thought too, but my Firefox spell-checker thinks otherwise
> :) (I have both US and UK dictionaries installed)

Ah, I need to get those. I wouldn't trust such nuances completely though,
without checking with multiple sources.

> That, and others like neighborhood/neighbourhood.

That UK/US difference I did know about. There are many words using
this -our/-or difference, colour/color probably being the most common.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com