POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming as an art form : Re: Programming as an art form Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming as an art form
From: nemesis
Date: 31 Jan 2008 20:08:53
Message: <47a27125@news.povray.org>
Kyle escreveu:
> I saw this on slashdot the other day, but couldn't get to the site until this
morning.  I figured there may be some interest here.

> http://www.iheartchaos.com/2008/01/28/Programming-as-an-art-form/
>
> Now the site will go offline again by getting P.O-Ted.  (That doesn't sound as good
as slashdotted, does it?)

yes, the demoscene has consistently been throughout the years a source
of technical amazement.  And a subset of the demoscene has gained a life
on its own:  the music of such demos, aka mod music, aka chiptunes.

Look out for some fantastic music by guys like Purple Motion, Elwood or
Necros in sites like:
http://modarchive.org/
http://www.scenemusic.eu/