POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 31 Jan 2008 16:46:32
Message: <47a241b8$1@news.povray.org>
> I remember reading/hearing about Rational Rose.  It sounded fairly
> interesting.

"Roses are Rational"...

It was an OK product. A little buggy though. Still, I think we had a
fairly old version.

>> I think it would be quite neat (and in principle easy) if Haskell had
>> such a tool. (I.e., a "draw boxes and lines and it makes a runnable
>> program".) However, there is no pre-existing Haskell compiler or
>> interpretter that could be easily linked to such a system, and I'm not
>> aware of any toolkit for doing the whole "drawing boxes and lines" part.
>
> There's a coding project you could play with. :-)

Haskell is somewhat odd in that *parsing* Haskell source code is quite
hard. However, if you're drawing boxes and lines, there's no parsing to
do, so... ;-)

I suspect certain programs are going to come out looking great this way,
while others will come out looking like spaggetti!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/